Saturday, May 12, 2012

???? My Thoughts...




When you hear the words BLACK HISTORY, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? How does it make you feel? And if you were alive back then which road would you have followed? 

These are things I think about when I hear "BLACK HISTORY"... I wish I was there to experience all the differences that our pioneers made in their struggling lifetime... I want to know what they felt when they were being treated so wrong and had been tortured just because the color of their skin. What was it that made them take a stand against the wrongdoer's, and protect themselves for the first time, what gave Rosa Parks the strength to continue sitting where she didn't belong, who inspired Dr. King to write such a great speech about his dreams and hopes. How did these human beings have such an enormus impact on a generation and generations to follow, where did their power come from.

This is what is so great about Black History, to learn about the feelings, and actions that they took to make things possible for us. If it weren't for our BLACK LEADERS, we would have a limited amount of freedom today. Segregation would be a fashion statement, and hate would be passion, I am most greatful for the actions of my fellow Leaders. They made things possible for me to appreciate as I got older, I am able to vote, attend multicultured schools, drink out of any water fountain I want to, ride any where on the bus, and most important the freedom of speech. And that's just a few, they opened plenty of doors for the african american society and most of our people take these things for granted.

We need to APPRECIATE and ACCOMODATE each other, and find ways to help each other out in these troubled times because the history that we are making is horrible. Really not worth mentioning, even down to the politics. Our leaders fought so hard and died on behalf of protecting our rights and this is how we thank them by killing each other, scaming each other, compromising our freedom just to be better than the next and it's fucking crazy. I wonder what Dr. King would say if he were present and witnessed us destroying what he helped us get...

Now I see why people don't celebrate this month the way they should, because we don't celebrate each other......DAMN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment